Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Swine flu fears mean fewer handshakes, hugs: poll



This article is about the H1N1 flu and what people should do to prevent it. Over 52 percent of people surveyed said that they wouldn’t shake hands with people because of the possibility of getting the disease. The archdioceses' from Halifax to Vancouver said that during the Sign of Peace celebrations congregants can’t shake hands and instead they had to bow their heads. In addition, holy water fonts are being sanitized and left empty. Also a minor soccer league is saying that the players should show a sign of sportsmanship by forming a line and clapping. The province of Manitoba was hit the worst of the H1N1 during spring. The article also reported that many people around the world are going to go into survival mode.
I thought this was a good article because I am very interested in the swine flu and how it is affecting people. As I go to church I was especially interested in how churches are dealing with this virus while still observing and respecting religious ceremony. As a sports fan, I was interested in the information about the precautions that teams such a s soccer league teams are taking to address the challenges of this virus. In times of fear, we need articles like this to give us important information about how to deal with problems without panicking.

No comments:

Post a Comment