Friday, October 30, 2009

Four suffer burns after home explosion


During the night, in northwest Toronto, three people were burned after an explosion. In addition, a man is suffering from life threatening burns. There were six people in the house at the time of the explosion, and they managed to get out of the house. However, a 24 year old man suffered third degree burns on 90 per cent of his body. The victims were in a bungalow in the Lawrence Avenue West and Keele Street area when the explosion happened around 10 p.m., Wednesday evening. A 17 year old boy was taken to hospital in the special burns unit. Two other men had minor burns on their arms, hands, faces and necks, and a woman and a child got out of the house uninjured. A firefighter said that there was not a single wall standing in the house when the doused the flames. The firefighters think that this problem came from a natural gas line, but they said it is too early to tell.

This article describes what I imagine is a very scary event. I have never been in a fire but I love my family and my friends and I know how I would feel if we were all woken up in the middle of the night to the smell of burning and the sight of flames. I would be terrified not just for me but for everyone. Then, you are out on the street, and you watch your house go up in flames and everything you have gathered over the years is lost.

No comments:

Post a Comment