
On Wednesday morning in Peterborough, Ont. a full school bus with high school students hit a pickup truck head on. Authorities say seven teens have been sent to Peterborough Regional Health Centre, all with bumps and bruises. The driver of the pickup truck was rushed to a local hospital by an air ambulance. The police were alerted to the accident just before 7 a.m. This crash happened on Highway 7, just west of Norwood. Authorities are calling the crash "serious" but are crediting the bus driver from keeping the vehicle from rolling over. OPP have closed both the eastbound and westbound lanes of Highway 7, while they investigate the accident. There were 45 teens on the bus, all reportedly Grade 10 students from Lakefield District Secondary School. They were on their way to Ottawa for a school field trip along with three teachers. A second school bus was dispatched to the scene to transport the remaining students back to school.
There are big heroes and little heroes in life. There are the heroes who get a lot of attention and then there are simple guys who drive a bus day in and day out to support their families. This bus driver is one of those heroes. he didn't panic. he was alert and it is possible that he saved the lives of many of those students. I'm proud of him and I hope that he gets a lot of recognition.
http://toronto.ctv.ca/servlet/an/local/CTVNews/20091202/schoolbus_crash_091202/20091202/?hub=TorontoNewHome
This is a very interesting article, and really gives us a bit more perspective on life. How your life can change in only a matter of seconds. I remember taking the school bus to school everyday until grade 6. I was safe on all of those trips because of my bus driver, who I never really appreciated until now. So here's to you Mr. Bus Driver.
ReplyDelete