
A man was shot and killed overnight during a home invasion in west-end of Toronto. Toronto police said they are looking for three suspects after a man was shot several times inside a home in Etobicoke. It was a home invasion and it happened on Wincott Drive at around 7:30 pm. He was rushed to Sunnybrook Hospital with no vital signs and was pronounced dead soon after arrival. Another man, who fled the scene by diving out a window, was also injured during the incident, but he was treated at the scene for non life-threatening injuries. A neighbor told CTV he was relaxing at home when a man started banging on his front door, asking him to call 911. "He was very upset and excited," the neighbor said. "He heard shots fired and he was worried about his buddies. He didn't know what was what because he jumped out the window." Police swarmed the area until early this morning with the K-9 unit but no arrests have been made.
This story strikes a little to close to home; so to speak. It occurred about four minutes away from the new house our family just moved into yesterday. So, I've got to admit I'm a little scared. The mood in our house shifted pretty quickly between the excitement of moving in and the news of this terrible event. I'm definitely calmer now because i realize that Toronto is a big city and that even in very safe neighborhoods there is sometimes going to be some trouble. I am determined to not pay too much attention to it and just enjoy our new surroundings.
This story strikes a little to close to home; so to speak. It occurred about four minutes away from the new house our family just moved into yesterday. So, I've got to admit I'm a little scared. The mood in our house shifted pretty quickly between the excitement of moving in and the news of this terrible event. I'm definitely calmer now because i realize that Toronto is a big city and that even in very safe neighborhoods there is sometimes going to be some trouble. I am determined to not pay too much attention to it and just enjoy our new surroundings.
No comments:
Post a Comment